Walk with snowshoes is one of the most relaxing sports and at contact with the nature that can be practiced in the mountains. The snowshoes, allow you to walk without sinking into the snow, were originally in rope and wood, they are now in more modern materials. The snowshoes will fit directly on the shoes and no special athletic skills, excursions can be made both by adults who as children, even by those who can not ski and the equipment can be rented in sports shops. In addition to physical activity, hiking with snowshoes allow you to immerse yourself in the fantastic natural habitat of the mountain and stay in close contact with the flora and fauna of the Stelvio National Park.
In Bormio and neighboring valleys, there are many itineraries with snowshoes, but also trails in the woods that surround the country, you can hike during the day but also at night under the light of the moon, relaxing in the company of friends and mountain guides.
Some trails with snowshoes:
- “Percorso dei Fiocchi” (Path of flakes) in Santa Caterina from the “La Fonte” to the woods
- “ Sentiero del Paradiso”(Path of heaven) from Santa Caterina to the Gavia mountain pass
- “Sentiero delle Tre Cappellette” from Santa Caterina Valfurva to Bormio
- “ Rifugio dei Forni” from Santa Caterina Valfurva to “Rifugio dei Forni”, or from “Rifugio dei Forni” to
“Rifugio Branca” or “Rifugio Pizzini”
- From the “Bagni Vecchi” , near Bormio, towards the dams of Cancano
- “Sentiero Sunny Valley” from Santa Caterina to Sunny Valley
Contact us and we will give more information firstname.lastname@example.org